The girls division is separated into three leagues; Grades 3-4, 5-6, 7-9. Typically practices/games are played on Mondays, Wednesdays, and occasional Fridays. Time slot that each league will typically play is:
Grades 3-4 6:00-7:00pm
Grades 5-6 7:00-8:00pm - when possible, this program will be scheduled earlier
Grades 7-9 8:00-9:00pm - when possible, this program will be scheduled earlier
These time slots are subject to change due to availability of gyms.
Players are asked to attend the evaluation night(s) held for their respective grade grouping. Attendance to Player Evaluation Night is important. Players are assigned to teams based on skill level in an effort for team/league parity.
Evaluation Nights -- December 6th -- HHS South Gym
3rd & 4th Grade - 6:00PM -- 7:30PM
5th & 6th Grade - 7:30PM -- 9:00PM
Please enter Horseheads High School thru the Horseheads School District Administration Building doors located at One Raider Lane, Horseheads, NY. The far right door in the bank of four doors should be unlocked.
1st Team Practice - Coach will contact you the week of December 11th with time and location.
No Practice and/or Games will be held when school is not in session or should the HHS School District close due to weather
- Classifications may be combined and/or adjusted if participation numbers are insufficient.
- Practices and/or Games will be played on Mondays and/or Wednesdays: 6:00p, 7:00p, 8:00p (Time may vary depending on school site). Ocassional Friday games will be played.
- Coaches and Game Officials are needed. If interested contact the Horseheads Recreation Department; 607-526-5213; firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer Application forms are located below under the "Additional Forms and Files" section.
- Registration deadline: Wednesday, December 20th .
- Refunds for this program will not be made after the first week of games.
Interested in Coaching
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Coach for our Youth Basketball Program, please fill out our Volunteer Application and Background Check Form listed below.
Additional Forms and Files: